This emotional short story was inspired by one of the true events shared by Pennyroyal Hospice Executive Director, Kelly Martin, during one of the organization’s paramount fundraisers in 2010.
Martin had witnessed the situation where a gentleman on hospice care – and an avid fisherman – longed for just one last time to cast his reel in the waters. Though the location used for this production was a pier on Western Kentucky’s Lake Barkley, the actual body of water in Martin’s memoir was the Atlantic Ocean, making this all the more an amazing account of what a Hospice organization does to make its patients’ final months full of dignity and joy. Imagine the humidity of the coast!
The two videos in this project, aimed to appear on Facebook feeds and Tweets, were edited to not exceed two minutes.
- Producer: Pennyroyal Hospice, Inc.
- Director: Drew Hudgins
- Featuring: (All Local Talent Cast) Bill Kline, Tanya and William Hemenway, April Stagner, and the voice of Larry Bland
- Hospice Consultants: Rebecca Boggess, APRN, Marsha Almon, LPN
- Production Assistants/Camera Op: Cait Hemenway, Audrey Lamb
- Conceptualization and all Post Production: Hudge Creative